Work with Bluestone
Join a company that values you. Picture a dynamic work environment with tight-knit teams and abundant learning opportunities.
Bluestone is a fast-growing lender specialising in residential home loans. We have a team of over 290 professionals across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines. We help people with a variety of financial needs, whether they are looking to refinance, purchase homes or invest in residential property. When it comes to our team, we place equal importance on personal qualities and technical ability and provide continuous learning opportunities to help our people make their ambitions a reality. With smaller teams and a flat structure, it’s easy to fit in with our close-knit gang from the first day. Our values reflect how we think, act and build trust with our colleagues and customers. Above all, we value transparency, ownership, enterprise, commitment and collaboration. These principles allow us to thrive as a team and support others in their journeys to grow and develop.
So, why would you want to work for us?
- Ace your work-life balance with a balance of home and office working
- One-time reimbursement of a home desk and chair, plus all the tech you need provided and monthly internet allowance.
- An awesome office in the heart of the CBD on Queen Street
- Lots of social events to get involved in remotely
- Fortnightly CEO Update with team drinks
- Daily breakfast, fruit and barista-made coffee daily!
- Gym membership discounts with Les Mills and the building’s fitness centre
- Great people to work with and learn from every day
- Modern technology & resources to use
- Great training options to further your career & development
- Monthly massages… when COVID allows
- 21 days of annual leave
- Paid volunteer day
- 12 weeks company-paid parental leave
- Study Assistance
- Access to qualified financial advisors and financial education through our business banking partner
- Wellness program
- Work hard but have fun!
About the role:
In this newly created role based in Auckland, the Office Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of the New Zealand Bluestone office. This position is varied in nature with a strong customer focus at its core. Being the face of the company and a ‘go-to’ for leaders and staff, this person will have a can-do attitude and strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ensure services meet business needs and deliver to a high standard. Manage projects relating to office space and environment (e.g. hot desking, office space and storage).
- Coordinating meeting room bookings and ensuring meeting rooms are set-up appropriately and reset after use.
- Responsible for facilities management; maintenance, equipment, supplies.
- Organising events, catering and other relevant business related functions.
- Manage travel bookings and inquiries in accordance with the Travel Policy.
- Executives monthly expenses and invoices are processed accurately.
- Manage mail including new client welcome packs.
- Manage the office seating allocation chart, booking system and seating queries.
- Ensure the workplace meets COVIDSafe standards including our remote workforce - social distancing, replenishing of hygiene equipment, enforcing the COVIDSafe social distancing guidelines in conjunction with HR.
- Managing new starter IT requests, working with IT to ensure new starters have the right equipment on their first day for both their office and home setup.
- Print and bind presentation packs for executive meetings.
- Stocktake of the kitchen and online ordering when low on items.
- Screening telephone calls, fielding inquiries and requests and escalating urgent matters.
- Coordinating the organisation of functions, lunches and dinners.
- Managing Executives' diaries to make/coordinate appointments, book rooms and notify attendees.
- Undertaking ad hoc projects for the Executives and Head of Servicing NZ.
- Manage expenses for the Execs and Leadership Team accurately and in a timely manner.
- Book couriers when needed, manage stationery stock, issuing access cards.
- Ensure the office foyer is neat and appropriately prepared for external visitors.
- Producing correspondence, presentations, reports and administrative support for Executives and HR.
- Identify and contribute to the resolution of issues and problems as they arise.
- Prioritise all tasks appropriately, utilising time management techniques to ensure all assigned tasks are completed in a prompt and professional manner.
- Processing all NZ related invoices for payment by the Finance team.
- Other general office duties.
You'll walk in the door with
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience as a Receptionist/Team/Office Assistant.
- The ability to multitask, prioritise effectively and anticipate needs.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Positive attitude and vibrant personality.
- Advanced level of administration skills.
- Showcase forward thinking and creative problem-solving.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Significant experience building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Sound critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate and deal with issues proactively and takes ownership of agreed activities.
- Work well under pressure and thrives in a fast-paced environment.