Work with Bluestone
Join a company that values you. Picture a dynamic work environment with tight-knit teams and abundant learning opportunities.
- 12 month fixed term with potential to go permanent
Bluestone is a fast-growing lender specialising in residential home loans. We have a team of over 200 professionals across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines. We help people with a variety of financial needs, whether they are looking to refinance, purchase homes or invest in residential property.
When it comes to our team, we place equal importance on personal qualities and technical ability, and provide continuous learning opportunities to help our people make their ambitions reality. With smaller teams and a flat structure, it’s easy to fit in with our close-knit gang from the first day. Our values reflect how we think, act and build trust with our colleagues and customers. Above all, we value transparency, ownership, enterprise, commitment and collaboration. These principles allow us to thrive as a team and support others in their journeys to grow and develop.
So, why would you want to work for us?
- Ace your work-life balance with WFH options
- An awesome office in the city
- Lots of social events to get involved in remotely
- Fortnightly CEO Update with team drinks
- Gym membership discounts
- Great people to work with and learn from every day
- Modern technology & resources to use
- Great training options to further your career & development
- Monthly massages… when COVID allows
- Paid parental leave
- Study Assistance
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Underwriter to join a fun, fast paced rapidly expanding global financial company.
This role will suit someone who has strong commercial acumen and the ability to shape and negotiate deals.
- Underwrite risks in line with portfolio guidelines
- Underwrite large volumes of loans in a fully compliant yet commercially orientated approach
- Build strong and trusting broker and customer relationships
- Analysis of credit proposals
- Providing scenario assistance to BDMs and Brokers
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
You'll walk in the door with
- Previous underwriting experience ideally within a residential mortgages or business lending environment.
- Initiative and a high level of problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional telephone manner and customer service skills
- A technical understanding of underwriting and be able to communicate coherently to clients, customers and senior management.
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to shape and negotiate deals
Apply Now With Your CV
Our Current Opportunities
Attention recruiters: We have a Preferred Supplier Agreement (PSA) in place for our open roles, so we ask that agencies outside of this agreement do not submit any applications.